According to Dr. Risha Nahar – Gynaecologist in Hyderabad Breast milk is the best source of nutrition without any substitute milk for infants less than 1 year of age. Breastfeeding is not only a safe and effective way of raising children, but it also has many benefits for the mother. You can refer to the benefits of breastfeeding through the article below.
Breastfeeding and Child Benefits
The baby is fully absorbed
- Calories: In the mother’s milk to 600-700 kcal for infants every day
- Protein: Protein content in breast milk is not as great as in cow’s milk, but the protein’s absorption in breast milk is better than cow’s milk due to immature digestive system.
- Lipit: Lipid is a nutrient that is abundant in breast milk. Lipids help the digestive system of the newborn to help children digest and absorb better nutrients.
- Lactose: Lactose in breast milk helps your baby to have more energy, and when lactose moves into the intestines it converts into lactic acid which helps the kidneys absorb minerals and calcium better.
- Vitamins: Vitamins are an essential ingredient in breast milk, especially in vitamins A, C, D. Thanks to abundant vitamins, babies can prevent dry eye without vitamin A in the body.
- Iron: Breast milk is high in iron, so during breastfeeding it is easy to lose iron if not fully supplemented through diet as well as after birth.
- Fat: Milk rich in fat, especially fatty acids DHA and ARA – are the fats involved in brain structure. Breast-fed infants are therefore more likely than IQ to have three to five IQ scores.
In breast milk containing many nutrients should breastfeed; the mother does not have to worry about child malnutrition. Breast milk is never malnutrition, spoilage or toxins (except for maternal disease that affects breast milk). Breast milk is suitable for the baby’s digestive system, so when breastfeeding baby less bloating, vomiting more.
Breast Milk Contains Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Allergic Substances
In addition to providing adequate nutrition for the baby, breast milk is a source of sterile, clean food should ensure the safety of children.
In addition, breast milk contains antibacterial and anti-allergic ingredients. Therefore, when breastfeeding completely, the baby will have good resistance, less likely to be infected, allergies and less morbidity and mortality compared to infants who eat formula.
Breastfeeding Helps your Baby Develop Muscle
Breastfeeding ensures the development of the oral cavity and positions the teeth in later. Breast-fed babies also suffer less decay in later life.
Breastfeeding Benefits the Mother
- Reduce the Risk of Breast Cancer
Breastfeeding will reduce the risk of developing breast cancer by 25%, and the more time to breastfeed, the lower the risk of breast cancer.
- Reduce Osteoporosis
Women who are not breastfeeding are more likely to develop osteoporosis than breast-feeding women. This leads to the risk of hip fractures in postmenopausal years.
- Contraceptive Benefits
During breastfeeding, the substance that produces milk will delay ovulation. Therefore, breastfeeding more and more, contraception will be more effective.
- Promote Good Mental Health
Breastfeeding not only benefits the body but also the psyche of the mother. Studies show that breastfeeding mothers reduce the risk of postpartum depression.
- Weight Loss After Birth
Breastfeeding mothers will see significant weight loss because to produce milk, they need a certain amount of fat and energy. Therefore, breastfeeding mothers tend to return to pre-pregnancy weight.
- Cost Savings
If the mother has enough breast milk, the mother can save on an average can save more than Rs. 5000/- per month on milk payment.
Breastfeeding enhances the Mother and Child Relationship
Not only provide essential nutrients for children, help children strengthen the resistance, safe for children that breastfeeding, children will be cared for with their own cool baby milk, healthy and growing children. Every day, I will feel happier.
In addition, the gesture of cuddling, nourishing, patting the child will help her to feel calm, comfortable and formed the mother love over time.
Breastfeeding is the best way for your child to grow healthy and well and help protect the health of his or her mother. Therefore, try to breastfeed regularly and ensure complete breastfeeding in the first 6 months. Mother should also go through the diet to ensure enough breast milk.