Poor digestion, stress, lack of sleep, and eating too much junk food are one of the main responsible causes of digestive system diseases.
Such infections can disturb the entire system of how your body digest food, eliminate wastage and daily life as well.
Thus, here we have explained five common digestive system diseases in detail that will help you to recognize the type of the disease.
We also note down the natural remedies for each disease which you can try at home to get some relief.
1) Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
When the body starts backing up the stomach acids into your esophagus, such condition is known as acid reflux. A person can experience a burning pain in the middle of the chest and heartburn. Usually, it occurs after meals or at night.
Generally, acid reflux is a common condition but if the below symptoms occur frequently in a week then it can be a sign of GERD.
- Persistent heartburn
- Bad breathe
- Tooth erosion
- Difficulties in breathing
- Pain in the chest or upper part of the abdomen
In such condition, don’t hesitate to consult an expert for a better cure.
You can even try below home remedies to cure GERD at home;
- Give Himalayan Crystal Salt a try by replacing your regular salt. It will help you to balance the Hydrochloric Acid Levels
- Change your diet and avoid processed and junk foods
- You can even take digestive enzyme supplement with an expert’s prescription
- One tablespoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar with water before the meal can relive s the symptoms of acid reflux
- Backing soda can aid you
- Organic Aloe Vera can also ease the condition
Forming of small pouches called diverticula in the colon and in the area of weak spots in the digestive system can be a first sign of developing diverticulitis.
Diverticula with no symptoms is a common condition among older people which require no attention. However, if the pouches become infected and the person experiences fever and abdominal pain then it might be a sign of diverticulitis.
It causes mainly due to of obesity and a diet which is missing fiber.
The first phase of diverticulitis can be a remedial condition and one can manage it with a high fiber diet, antibiotics and remedies.
Home Remedies for Diverticulitis…
- Do exercise regularly
- Eat more fiber reach diet
- Keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids
- Avoid spicy foods
In the sever condition, this disease requires a surgery.
3) Celiac Disease
According to the Beyond Celiac, National Foundation for Celiac Awareness – approximately 1 in 133 Americans has celiac disease and 83% of them don’t know about it.
Celiac disease is a kind of allergic reaction to gluten found in wheat, rye and barley.
It damages villi (finger-like structures found in the small intestine) and slows down the process of digested food absorption.
In children it may occur with below symptoms;
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
While in adults symptoms like anemia, fatigue, bone loss, depression can be experienced.
You can go for below home remedies to prevent this gluten intolerance disease;
- Avoid gluten-rich diet
- Fish oil protects your small intestine from infections
- Yogurt promotes the healing process of the digestive tract
- Vitamin and Mineral supplements can aid in managing the condition
- Horsetail tea
4) Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
There are two types of IBD; 1) Crohn’s Disease and 2) Ulcerative Colitis.
It causes swelling and inflammation in the different parts of the digestive tract.
Abdomen pain and diarrhea are common symptoms of IBD, but other than these people may also experience fatigue, rectal bleeding, night sweats, poor appetite, and difficulties in bowel movements.
You can try below home remedies if the symptoms are not severe such as;
- Reduce fiber intake
- Get proper sleep
- Do workout regularly
- Probiotics with an expert prescription may aid you
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption
5) Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
According to the International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders – 25 to 45 million people in the United States of America are suffering from IBS.
Do you experience stomach pain or irritable digestive tract frequently in a month? If yes, then it might be a sign of IBS. Although, symptoms may vary from person to person and from day to day. For example, some can people experience dry hard stools today and on the other day, watery stools occur.
Clear causes of IBS are unknown, but the situation can be managed by trying some home remedies such as;
- Eat low-fat foods
- Rely on high fiber foods
- Avoid dairy products, alcohol, caffeine, artificial sweeteners and foods which cause gas
- Yogurt may relieve the symptoms of IBS
In brief, initial symptoms of above mentioned digestive system diseases can be treated at home using some natural remedies. However, if the situation persists and becomes severe then consult medical expert immediately.